Here's a summary of polite ways to comment on a blog post:
- Don't use all caps. THAT MAKES PEOPLE THINK THAT YOU'RE SHOUTING!
- Use proper grammar, check your spelling, and avoid "txt tlk" (or, "text talk" - which is basically a type of shorthand used when people text message each other on phones). Othrwize ppl wil thnk u cnat spel!!!!!!!!!!!!1
- Be polite.
- Stick to the topic being discussed.
- Always remember: your comment could be online forever! Don't write something online that you might regret later!
- Be patient. If you cannot view your comment right away, the blog may have a delay for one reason or another. Comments are usually posted within 24 hours.
- NEVER post personal information! Posting your last name, street or email address, phone number, or school information is a REALLY bad idea. Don't do it. Ever.
The brilliant people at the University of Western Ontario have made an even more detailed summary of netiquette. Click on the picture to enlarge it.Congratulations to Lara: She was the first person to post a comment to the Brom Blog!